Protecting God's Children Workshop
Required for all adults who work or volunteer with youth
If you are interested in volunteering to work with youth at Saint Benedict School or Parish, You must complete the items 1-4 listed below.
1. The Protecting God’s Children Workshop is required for all adults who work or volunteer with youth including lunch monitors, coaches and classroom helpers. Pre-registration is recommended. Go towww.buffalodiocese.org, look on the left of the page and click on “Protecting Our Children & Young People,” choose VIRTUS online pre-registration. If you are unable to register online, call 835-2518. We typically host a workshop here at the school in late September. To register for Protecting God’s Children Workshop in your area visit: https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list.cfm?theme=0
2. Ongoing Training Requirement. If you have taken the Protecting God’s Children Workshop, you are required to keep up to date with training bulletins and periodic re-certification. Visit www.virtus.org
- Individuals who do not comply with the ongoing training requirement will be required to re-take the Protecting God’s Children Workshop and continue with the ongoing training components or risk losing their “compliance” in the diocese.
3. Diocesan Code of Conduct is required for all volunteers and employees who work with youth. The signature required on the back of the form authorizes the diocese to conduct a criminal background check. Staff and volunteers who are under the age of eighteen should have an adult explain that the purpose of the document is to set guidelines to protect all youth.
- code-of-conduct Fill out and return to the school main office.
4. Uniform Volunteer Questionnaire. This form is used as a standard application for volunteer work in the Diocese of Buffalo.
- unifom-volunteer-questionnaire Fill out and return to the school main office.