Competitive sports offered
Our school actively participates and encourages its students to engage in athletics. Although winning the game is important, more of an emphasis is placed upon the Christian character of the individual and the spirit of the team. Coaches will make every effort to allow for playing time of all players; however, if a team advances in playoffs, it is the coach’s discretion on how much playing time each player will have. Athletics offered:
- Varsity baseball – grades 7-8
- Junior varsity baseball (boys and girls) – grades 5-6
- Volleyball (girls) – grades 6-8
- Swimming (boys and girls) – grades K-8, Click here for more information
- Cross country – grades 2-8
- Varsity basketball (boys team and girls team) – grades 6-8
- Junior varsity basketball (boys team and girls team) – grades 4-6
- Track (boys and girls) – grades K-8
- Softball (girls) – grades 5-8
- Soccer (coed) – grades 1-2 mites; grades 3-4 pee wee; grades 5-6 junior varsity; grades 7-8 varsity
- Hockey (coed) – grades 5-8
- Lacrosse (boys) – grades 6-8
Game schedules and directions will be given out by the coach.
Students must fulfill their responsibilities to be eligible to participate in school sponsored clubs, athletic teams or other extracurricular activities. All decisions regarding the student eligibility may be made at the discretion of the administration. Students must:
- Receive a passing grade in each subject area in the preceding week.
- Be on time and ready to work every day by 7:45 a.m.
- Receive favorable progress reports in each subject area
- Exhibit proper and respectful behavior in and out of school and maintain no less than a 3 in conduct
- Any student earning detention on the day of a school sponsored team practice, game, club, or other extracurricular activity, does not participate in the extracurricular activity that day (see the Discipline Policy Extracurricular Activities)
- Attend all athletic practices unless previously excused by the coach
- Be present in school in order to participate in either a game or practice
- Maintain and return uniforms, equipment, etc. at the end of the season
School children are encouraged to attend the games and cheer their team to victory. We ask that students be accompanied by an adult or guardian to the game. Those attending the games are asked to stay within the immediate location where the game is being played and not to roam the area or building.
Every summer, we host a golf tournament to benefit our Athletics programs. This year’s golf outing will be June 23rd, 2017. More details are available here: 13th Annual Golf Tournament